Subject: Re: Magic numbers do not match?
To: None <tcarlson@myback40.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/05/2007 21:57:17
tcarlson@myback40.com wrote:

> >> when I use: < /sbin/mount -u -w / > to mount the root file system
> >> read/write and modify /etc/rc.conf to read <rc_configured=YES> I get a
> >> message saying that the magic numbers do not match when I reboot.

Could you post exact whole messages you saw?
I don't see any programs which could show
"magic numbers do not match" strings.
("BAD MAGIC NUMBER" of fsck_ffs?)

> None of the NetBSD3.x kernels have booted on my machine.  They all stop
> at... panic:  no init.

Fix for "no init" problem was pulled up to netbsd-3 branch
after 3.1 release so you could try daily snapshot of netbsd-3 branch.
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/
---
Izumi Tsutsui