Subject: Re: Magic numbers do not match?
To: Thomas Carlson <>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2007 22:04:56
At 6:08 Uhr -0700 3.12.2007, Thomas Carlson wrote:
>> When and how (as in: What NetBSD version, from sysinst or the MacOS
>> mkfs
>> tool) was the file-system created?
>NetBSD-4.0_RC5.  I used the MacOS mkfs utility.

Uh huh. This sounds fairly similar to a recently fixed issue with old
filesystems created by the MacOS mkfs tool.

Can you please send-pr the issue? There's a web form at

If you can boot into an install kernel and drop to a shell prompt,
something like

fsck_ffs -c2 /dev/rsd0a

should be able to upgrade the filesystem to something that makes sense to
NetBSD 4. Otherwise... you'd need to set up the disk from scratch with