Subject: Re: Magic numbers do not match?
To: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/2007 20:47:57
At 8:21 Uhr -0700 1.12.2007, Thomas Carlson wrote:
>I have been following the progress of NetBSD 4.0 through the RC5
>version and find that my Powerbook 180 sporting a Cabletron EA414
>SCSI/ethernet adaptor can actually boot kern-GENERICSBC just fine
>(kern-GENERIC hangs at "waiting for device to settle")  Problem is,
>when I use: < /sbin/mount -u -w / > to mount the root file system
>read/write and modify /etc/rc.conf to read <rc_configured=YES> I get a
>message saying that the magic numbers do not match when I reboot.
>What's the problem here?  Any suggestions?

Hmmm...

Can you access the root partition from single user mode?

What does a 'file /dev/rsd0a' say?

When and how (as in: What NetBSD version, from sysinst or the MacOS mkfs
tool) was the file-system created?

Can you mount the root filesystem after booting from an install kernel?

Can you mount the root filesystem from a NetBSD 3.x install kernel?

	hauke