Subject: Re: Framebuffer test kernel
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/2007 23:43:22
Hi,

On 8/31/07, Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:38 PM, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
> > At 21:37 Uhr +0200 30.8.2007, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> >> I've uploaded a very preliminary copy of a GENERIC mac68k kernel[*]
> >> with framebuffer+wscons support to:
> >>
> >>      ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmmv/netbsd-mac68k-fb.gz
> >
> > Colours are light yellow / light pink on white, or alternatively
> > white /
> > light grey on white, on 8 bit depth; white on white in 1 bit depth.
>
> Aaaand, with the kernel I've just uploaded -- and some luck --, you
> may even get proper colors.  (Or a hang, but let's hope not ;-)

It works perfectly now!, with nice green letters on black background
(just like the capture you posted).

Many thanks for this work! having full wscons support on mac68k is great :-)

About the X server, the current implementation mmaps /dev/grfX, does a
GRFIOCGMODE ioctl to retrieve a 'struct grinfo' and uses the address
for the X framebuffer.
I guess that the best option now would be to run 'wsfb' to use the new
wscons support.

 Marco