Subject: Re: Documentation for graphics cards
To: None <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/2007 21:07:52
At 21:15 Uhr +0000 30.8.2007, Andrew Ball wrote:
>  HF> The {Quadra,Performa} 630 has a PDS connector ('030 style PDS,
>
>Am I right in thinking that the LC and LCII have a 16-bit PDS

Yes...

> and the
>LCIII and LC475 have a 32-bit PDS?

...and yes. The '030 PDS is backward compatible, that is it can take an LC
PDS card.

>  Is the 630 PDS different from both of these?

No, it has the '030 PDS, the VG connector that you can see on the pictures
at http://homepage.mac.com/schrier/q630.html. The *630 was a consumer
machine, and there were a lot more extension cards available for the LC and
LC III PDSes, than for the '040 PDSes present in the Nubus equipped
Quadras.

	hauke