Subject: Re: Documentation for graphics cards
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/2007 16:37:19
On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Robert Swindells wrote:
>

>> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>>> Well, I'd certainly welcome a full-features 68040 chip (or two) --
>>> that is, with a built-in FPU.  The ones I have are 68LC040 and they
>>> are slow as molasses.  Plus some extra RAM for a Performa 475 (80
>>> ns,
>>> 72 pin SIMM) could be helpful too.  Anyone? :-)
>>
>> I have a spare Q900 mainboard complete with CPU that you can have.
>
> If you'd be willing to ship the CPU alone, that'd be excellent.  I
> don't have any use for the motherboard.

Well, or everything as Michael suggested.  If you don't want to keep
both and shipping the mobo is not expensive, I can take it too.

>> I also have several spare NuBus graphics cards that could either be
>> sent somewhere or plugged into a system to test any changes.
>
> If the Performa 630 or 475 have a socket for those graphics cards
> (I'll try to check later), they'd certainly be useful.

Here are some pictures of the 630's motherboard:

     http://homepage.mac.com/schrier/q630.html

I think the rectangular white socket (with three rows of pins) in it
is the nubus one.  If it is, then it's likely I'll be able to plug
and test those cards.  (Anyone knows for sure?)

The thing is I've just got genfb to build with the code to handle
nubus cards.  But I cannot test it, so I doubt it will work :P

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>