Subject: OT (Re: Documentation for graphics cards)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/2007 18:08:45
nate@portents.com wrote:
> My LC 475 and Quadra 605 both run great with a single 128MB SIMM in each.
> I purchased many, many such SIMMs as surplus from HP Pentium servers (I
> forget the part number, but they are ECC FPM SIMMs I believe, and I can
> check if anyone is interested) for cheap from ebay a few years ago.
> Tracking down the 512k VRAM chips to upgrade the onboard video was
> actually much harder.

I found a set of 16MiB 30-pin SIMMs on eBay for a nice price several
years ago.  (80 MiB in my SE/30, woooo!)  These days I mostly avoid
eBay...in a worldwide audience I usually get outbid, so it's not worth
my time.

> What I'd really, really like to get my hands on however is the Dayna
> BlueStreak 100Base-T PDS ethernet card.  Never seen one in real life, but
> it is the only 100Base-T PDS ethernet card ever made.

I have a 100bT NuBus card of some kind, but I haven't been able to get
it to work (yet).  A PDS 100bT...very cool!

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org