Subject: Re: File corruption on HEAD
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/2007 20:32:01
At 23:26 Uhr +0900 15.6.2007, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE wrote:
>
>> The tarballs on the fileserver are fine. Using a nubus sm(4) adapter
>> instead of the obio sn(4) also results in corrupted tarballs (which
>> probably means that Izumi-san's driver changes are not responsible here).
>
>Both sm(4) and new sn(4) use bus_dma(9)

sys/dev/ic/sm91cxx.c is DMA free, AFAICS? Unfortunately, I might add... I
get exactly the same speed over ftp (~650 KByte/sec) as with the onboard
sn(4), although the interface is 100 MBit.

> so my changes against
>m68k/bus_dma.c might cause the trouble, but with some quick tests
>(ftp base.tgz via sn0 to sd0 then "gzip -t base.tgz" several times)
>don't show any errors on my LC630 running -current GENERIC updated today.

Can you try the equivalent of a 'for ff in `ls *.tgz`; do gzip --test $ff;
done' in a snapshot's binary/sets directory? I see crc errors on every
second or third set, but never on the first one.

I'll run a memory test overnight to be sure, though, and then try to
downgrade to the 4.99.3 snapshot to rule out memory issues.

	hauke