Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.1 on a Powerbook 180
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Carlson <sannr@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/2007 11:16:34
>> root file system type ffs
>> exec /sbin/init: error 8
>
>"error 8" means "Exec format error." (see <sys/errno.h>)
>
>> I used the installer program to mini-shell: ls /sbin/init
>>
>> It seems to be there.  What am I missing here?
>
>Your /sbin/init is not a m68k binary,
>or you don't have /libexec/ld.elf_so?
>---
>Izumi Tsutsui

Thanks for your quick reply.  I went to the Installer utility again and
used the Mini Shell to see if there was an /libexec/ld.elf_so file in the
system.  There was, but just as with the /sbin/init file, the date was
wildly off: October 29, 1940 to be exact.  Is that possibly a factor?

I also downloaded and reinstalled the base.tgz file.  I saw it copy the
/sbin/init file into the system. When I tried to boot into the system
again, however, I got the same errors leading to: panic: no init.  Any
ideas?

Tom