Subject: Re: Processor Module for PB 550c
To: The masked-coder known as Randux <randux@Safe-mail.net>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/2007 10:20:26
Thanks for your feedback. The reason it will not run as far as I know
is that NetBSD/macppc requires Open Firmware to function. Obviously,
any mac68k machine that has been upgraded will not have Open
Firmware. The original Nubus 601-based PowerPC machines did not have
Open Firmware either which is why they cannot run NetBSD either. This
is the way it has been and I am not aware of any changes to this.
Parts for a 540c should be much easier to come by. I know there is a
softfloat build available. The archives will show links to this.

Bryan