Subject: XDM setup, revisited
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/2007 14:33:17
Once again, after several months away from the problem, I am trying to customize my XDM login based on Hauke's documentation.  For the life of me, I cannot get it to work!

I have all files in the right places.  I have permissions right.  The only changes I've made are for details like color and font sizes.  (Hauke's Q700 has a much bigger screen than my Color Classic.)  Those shouldn't matter.

It simply doesn't use /etc/X11/Xresources at all.  No, it's not using /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xresources either.  I get the default "X Window System" greeting, while both those files contain CLIENTHOST in xlogin*greeting.

(BTW, I assume CLIENTHOST is a magic word because I don't see where it is set.)

Any ideas at all?

Thanks,
Tim
--