Subject: Re: TT font question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/2006 21:12:54
--5KxTQ9fdN6Op3ksq

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:50:33PM -0500, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> My interest in NetBSD began primarily to have something svelte enough to=
=20
> fit on these machines and run decently.  My "big" machines (i.e. 175-300=
=20
> MHz) run Linux or other fat Unices.  I've had to trim back my hardware=20
> so that I don't have any spare machines for NetBSD (nor the space for=20
> them) even if I wanted to set one up.
>=20
> Besides, it's fun to say that I've got natively-built m68k packages.=20
> Not that native vs cross building makes any difference, but it's still co=
ol.

Well, fair enough, but it "should" be possible to cross-build packages
out of pkgsrc for NetBSD/mac68k from various i386 Linux setups,
never mind Solaris, maybe even U/WIN on Windows XP. Getting the
toolchain bits in place may be kind of a pain periodically, but
still...

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net