Subject: Re: random reports
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/2006 19:03:19
thelarsons3@cox.net wrote:
> Terminal locked me up so that I couldn't move the mouse or get any keyboard response, so I rebooted.  Then I ran top and tried again.  The load hit 5.5 at one point but eventually (after several minutes) started to draw the app to the screen.  There were some console errors that screwed up the display (note to self: launch xconsole next time) and then this too crashed.

Just a quick update on this.  When xconsole was running, gnome-terminal
would launch and ran for at least an hour (when I had to leave).  The
GUI had not finished instantiating at that time - the menubar had still
not drawn itself.  The load settled down to just over 2.0 and the CPU
for the process fluctuated between 50% and 100%.

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org