Subject: random reports
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/2006 16:18:20
I believe I posted recently that I'd built gedit and gnome-terminal.  I installed them recently on my Mystic CC (36 MiB, 64 swap) to give them a try.  Here's what happened.

Gedit appeared to crash just as the GUI was being drawn to the screen.  No core file though.  Terminal locked me up so that I couldn't move the mouse or get any keyboard response, so I rebooted.  Then I ran top and tried again.  The load hit 5.5 at one point but eventually (after several minutes) started to draw the app to the screen.  There were some console errors that screwed up the display (note to self: launch xconsole next time) and then this too crashed.

I don't expect either to be very practical to use on 68k (mind-boggling that a terminal app could take minutes to launch), but it's an interesting exercise.  :)

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea