Subject: Re: mac68k and bsdstats
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2006 01:59:45
At 18:36 Uhr -0500 26.9.2006, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>> On NetBSD, it should be called from /etc/monthly.local. Overall, despite
>> the claims of supporting all *BSDs, the script is very FreeBSD centric.
>
>What should the entry in monthly.local look like?  I tried looking at
>the other /etc/*ly files, but they seem to have lots of checks around
>them - presumably for good reasons.  Would this script need that, or is
>it just a one-liner so that it gets run?

Mine has

# $Id$
#
# Monthly tasks

if [ -f /usr/pkg/bin/pkgsurvey ]
then
    echo Submitting pkg inventory to pkgsrc.org
    /usr/pkg/bin/pkgsurvey
fi

# www.bsdstats.org
if [ -f /usr/local/sbin/bsdstats ]
then
    echo Submitting machine information to bsdstats.org
    /usr/local/sbin/bsdstats
fi

-- basically, you check if the script exists, and run it.

	hauke