Subject: Re: mac68k Model Support Docs?
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
From: Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/2006 13:59:37
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

> >>  	The next question would be... are you interested in doing the
> >>  	initial version of this? :)
> >
> > I've actually been considering doing a new version of the page for
> > awhile
> > as my contribution back to NetBSD. If no one else is highly
> > interested in
> > the job, I'd be willing to be a central reporting point for working
> > configs
> > and to create a new model and hardware support page based on that
> > data.
>
> That works for me.
>
> Bryan

I'd like to contribute with reports about my mac68k models (IIvi, P600,
LCII, LCIII, LC450, LC475, Q700, Q950). So just say to whom and when
should we send the reports (I'd like to send also dmesg for this macs).

Concerning the NetBSD 3.0 on this machines: I am having problems
installing 3.0 on any 68030 based mac (FTP installation). I am getting a
lot of errors about .tgz archive being corrupted if the file is bigger
than a given size (e.g. etc.tgz  installs ok but not the base.tgz or even
the kernel_GENERIC.tgz despite the fact that MacOS 7.6.1 works without
problems on the same computer). The same release with the same HDD
installs just fine on a 68040 based Mac (e.g. Q700).

Regards,

Gheorghe Ardelean (Johny).