Subject: Re: aterm shaded transparency
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/2006 00:03:07
Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 03:32:48PM -0400, thelarsons3@cox.net wrote:
>> I've never been able to get shading to work in my aterm windows.  I
>> can enable transparency, but I usually need to dim the background to
>> be able to read text easily.  This doesn't work on my 68ks.  What
>> might be the cause of this?
>
> lack of color depth, maybe?  I assume you're running 8bpp...

16, actually.  (Has anyone gotten 8 bit to look good in color with the
OSFA server?)  But even at more limited depths, I'd expect it to do the
best it could within the limits of what it had available.  I wouldn't
think aterm would require 24 bit to get the shading effect...

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org