Subject: Re: configuring se0 device
To: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/2006 10:26:56
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 06:16:25AM -0700, Thomas Carlson wrote:
> I tried booting the Powerbook 180 from a Disk Tools floppy and then
> running the installer.  Same problem:  the system couldn't enable the
> se0 device.

Ignore that message.  It has nothing to do with the operation of the
driver, as far as I can tell, unless you see another error message
along with it.

> I am not really in a position to do that with this old machine.  I
> think I will delve back into history and try out various kernels in the
> archives to see if they would play more nicely with the se0 device
> driver.  At one point, according to the manual, the thing must have
> worked (1997?).

OK.  I would also encourage you to try GENERICSBC.  The alternative
SCSI driver might make a difference, although I can't think of how
at the moment.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com