Subject: Re: configuring se0 device
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/2006 06:22:19
> We're about to the limit of what I can do without finding a way to
> compile kernels for you to try, and I don't have time for that at
> the moment.  We need to find someone who's interested in digging
> into this as an educational exercise...  :-)

First of all, thanks for all your help, Allen.  You are knowledgeable,
yet patient with those of us who aren't, a real credit to the list.

The manual entry for the se driver indicates that:

"In addition, to facilitate SCSI commands issued by userland programs,
there are open(), close(), and ioctl() entry points.  This allows a
user program to, for example, display the EA41x statistic and download
new code into the adaptor - functions which can't be performed through
the ifconfig(8) interface."

That says to me that this device isn't going to respond to normal
ifconfig commands.  There doesn't seem to be a way to assign it a
proper IP address and netmask value.  Is there some other way to do
this than by putting it into an /etc/ifconfig.se0 file?

Tom