Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/2006 01:45:04
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:05:47AM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I just tried pulling up the Installer application to use the mini-
> shell to correct the fstab entry and I get the following message
> after SCSI detection:
>
> /: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
> bad dir

Yeah, the Installer app hasn't been updated in a long time, and it
doesn't support the current version of FFS. The MacOS mkfs app creates
old-style filesystems that the Installer app knows how to work with,
but if you install using one of the INSTALL kernels and sysinst, it
uses NetBSD's newfs, which creates the newer version that the
Installer can't handle.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 30 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++