Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/2006 14:07:34
On Sep 8, 2006, at 12:02 PM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:57:33AM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>> Well, I attempted using single user mode which did not work. It still
>> mounts read-only and I cannot use mount -rw /. I get the following
>> message:
>>
>> mount: /: unknown special file or file system
>
> Try
> 	mount -u /dev/sd0a /
>
> The "special file or file system" in this case is your root partition,
> or /dev/sd0a.  Where you want it mounted in /.  -u says to update the
> mount.  I believe that the default is read/write, but if you need to,
> add "-w".  NetBSD has no "-rw" option--"-r" means read-only.

Thank you very much. That worked! I should have checked the mount
syntax. Some other OS has the -rw flag I think. That's the problem
with spending your time between Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
and Linux in its various forms. :-)

My SE/30 is finally functioning properly except for the kernel panic
whenever I reboot. Any ideas on what could be causing that?

Bryan