Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/2006 09:01:57
On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:56 PM, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
>> At 21:30 Uhr -0700 6.9.2006, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>>> INSTALLSBC and INSTALL (I think I tried both) boot just fine with no
>>> init issues. However, sysinst cannot install sets from ftp or CD-
>>> ROM.
>>> The tar command fails on errors about no space left on device.
>>
>> Recent install documentation describes a workaround.
>
> Thanks for that pointer. Now that I re-read that section I realized
> that I did come across that earlier but I have always used the
> traditional install method and I didn't really pay close attention
> to the sysinst method. The install is proceeding fine using sysinst
> and sets from CD-ROM. I'll know in the morning if it worked.

Well, the install worked and I'm not seeing the init problem after
using sysinst with the workaround. However, the root file system is
root_device and mounted read-only. I can't remount it with mount -
rw / so I am rebooting to use the installer mini-shell. The correct
entry for the root file system is commented out in /etc/fstab like
someone mentioned sometime in recent history (I read through
approximately two years of the port-mac68k archives last night and I
don't know where I saw it). I am going to attempt to use the mini-
shell from the installer to fix this.

The other problem I am dealing with is that every time I use the
reboot command on the SE/30, I get a kernel panic that mentions both
a uvm_fault and an MMU fault trap. I get this every single time I
reboot in 3.0.1. Any ideas?

Bryan