Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/2006 22:51:38
On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:56 PM, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 21:30 Uhr -0700 6.9.2006, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>> INSTALLSBC and INSTALL (I think I tried both) boot just fine with no
>> init issues. However, sysinst cannot install sets from ftp or CD-ROM.
>> The tar command fails on errors about no space left on device.
>
> Recent install documentation describes a workaround.

Thanks for that pointer. Now that I re-read that section I realized
that I did come across that earlier but I have always used the
traditional install method and I didn't really pay close attention to
the sysinst method. The install is proceeding fine using sysinst and
sets from CD-ROM. I'll know in the morning if it worked.

Bryan