Subject: strange fstab after install
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Wolf <aw@seqlab.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/2006 18:42:57
Hi,
just joined the list and hope it is still active. I was amazed to see
that NetBSD on 68k Macs is further supported. Thanks to everyone
involved in this project.
I tried a vanilla-install of 3.0.1 on my Quadra700 with 20M RAM and a 4
Gig HD at SCSI 1, partitioned into sd1a (root), sd1b (swap), sd1g
(/usr), sd1d (/var), sd1e (/tmp) and finally sd1f (/home). Rather than
using the traditional method, I tried out the sysinstall thing, applied
the bug fix of manually formatting and mounting the partitions, used
ftp to download the packages, and was happy to see the progress bar
flying by ;-)
However, after rebooting I noticed some error messages stating that
some apps could not write to /etc as it would be read-only. When I did
a "mount" I saw that only /usr and /var were actually mounted and / was
indeed readonly. So I looked at /etc/fstab and saw that the entry for
sd1a was commented out, and the remainder of the partitions had a
"noauto" flag. Is this a bug or a feature? I had a hard time to edit
the fstab file, but I uncommented the sd1a line and removed all noauto
flags. It seems to work now but I'm not sure if I did the right thing.

Andreas