Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/2006 00:18:43
On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:30 PM, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 6:03 PM, khym@azeotrope.org wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:25:30PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>>> I installed the complete NetBSD/mac68k 3.0.1 distribution using the
>>> traditional method with Mkfs, the installer, and so forth. I used
>>> the
>>> GENERICSBC kernel.
>>
>> Hmm, can you copy/paste the results of an ls /libexec and ls /lib
>> from
>> the installer mini-shell?

The SE/30 install with the 20060902 snapshot resulted in the
identical init error. Do you want the results of ls /libexec and ls /
lib from the 20060902 install or should I attempt a reinstall of 3.0.1?

> I am reinstalling 3.0.1 on the IIci right now. It should be done by
> morning and I'll take a look and get that info to you. I am
> attempting to install the 20060902 snapshot of netbsd-4 on the SE/
> 30 right now to see if it has the same issues.

The 3.0.1 install on the IIci was going fine installing the man.tgz
set at which point I stopped it. I tried making devices then but I
had to restart the installer for that to work. I then rebooted to
find that my hard drive no longer boots at all and does not show up
in the Finder. I'll have to repartition it if I can in the morning. I
have had major drive problems lately. I had a 1 GB HP hard drive die
(?) on me during initialization with HD SC Setup. I am also having
trouble with a 4 GB Quantum SCA drive with SCA to SE adapter in my
Quadra 650. I have a number of the 4 GB drives so I guess I'll try
another one. I am wondering if using an SCA adapter would cause
problems.

Bryan