Subject: mac68k Model Support Docs?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2006 18:13:40
I was also wondering if it would be worthwhile to create a page for
NetBSD/mac68k like the following:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html

There really isn't any clear instruction on what works and what
doesn't. The install document gives some info but more would be nice.
I know the following documents exist but they aren't very helpful
because they are very outdated:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/machine-status/

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/curr_info.html

For example, the Color Classic II is theoretically supported but I
wasn't able to get it installed with NetBSD/mac68k 3.0.1 last night.
I kept getting errors with the SCSI bus. It could be a bad disk but I
don't think that is the problem. It would be great to gather reports
of people running 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 on a machine while 3.x isn't
working or something to that effect. I would think that this would
help developers as well as users. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Bryan