Subject: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2006 18:08:16
I was using NetBSD 1.6 on an SE/30, IIci, and Quadra 650. That was
several years ago and much has happened since then. I thought I
should bring my machines up to date and get back involved in the
community but I am unable to get NetBSD/mac68k 3.0.1 running because
it fails on bootup with the /sbin/init error 8 problem. I found some
references to this problem on the mailing list earlier this year but
I didn't see a solution other than go back to 1.6 or 2.x. Any ideas?

Several years back I was working on creating a NetBSD/mac68k cluster
to build packages with and in that process I acquired 7 Mac IIci
computers and 2 Quadra 650 computers. I was hoping to start getting
these up and running using NetBSD/mac68k 3.0.1 but I have not been
successful. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Bryan