Subject: Re: PowerBook Duo Support?
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2006 19:51:28
At 4:53 Uhr -0700 5.9.2006, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>This weekend, I have been pulling out my NetBSD/mac68k machines and
>upgrading them in more ways than one. I started thinking about mac68k
>laptops and the PowerBook Duos came to mind. I did some searching
>around and it appears that there is some support. Is anyone actually
>successfully running NetBSD/mac68k on a PowerBook Duo? If so, what
>models work?

I've had my Duo 280c boot to an XDM prompt once, and that was before the
softfloat builds came into existence. So I suppose the basic hardware
support is in place. Just pick up a softfloat build for 68LC040 equipped
Duos and go from there.

There is no DuoDock support, though. You need to install on the internal disk.

	hauke