Subject: Re: new 2.1 packages
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/2006 16:38:01
John Klos <john@ziaspace.com> wrote:
> You can get inexpensive 50 gig SCA Seagates for around $30 online

I thought SCA was the Society for Creative Anachronism.  I guess that does fit with running a modern OS like NetBSD on 68k Macs, though.  :)

> (froogle, for instance). Or, if you want more space, you can get an Acard
> SCSI-IDE adapter and whatever size IDE hard drive you like. I have a 500
> gig hard drive in my Amiga 1200, for instance.

Good grief!  That's bigger than I have in _any_ of my computers!  Do a few bulk builds, do you?  :)  But I thought SCSI-IDE converters were fairly expensive in their own right.  What about those 68-50 pin SCSI converters, are they reliable?  Occasionally I get 68-pin SCSI drives that I can't use in my Macs.  For that matter, I'd need converters for SCA drives too.  I don't have that kind of money to dump into a hobby.

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea