Subject: Re: powerbook duo 250 needed for loan to get supported?
To: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@mchsi.com>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/2006 14:30:43
On Wed, 2006-31-05 at 08:42 -0500, nick thompson wrote:

> william,
>  we seem like very similiar people. on another note, i am getting a sun
> sparc 5, sparc 1, and sparc 1+ for free this weekend. all religious bsd
> vs linux aside, what is the FASTEST free os for these old beasts?
> (actually i am excited about the sparc 5, it ain't that old of a beast..
> :) )
>
> nick

I have absolutely no experience with Sun machines.   Not yet, anyway.

Personally, I have only used Linux and NetBSD, and I find that NetBSD is
a better performer on slower machines.   Of course, this is not based on
any real benchmark, just subjective opinion.  For the 68k Macintosh
machines, I found NetBSD to feel much faster than Linux.