Subject: Re: powerbook duo 250 needed for loan to get supported?
To: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@mchsi.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/2006 23:01:25
At 12:55 Uhr -0500 28.5.2006, nick thompson wrote:
>The problem is, I don't have floppies for the
>duudock that fit it (they are not 1.44M right? )

They are. Every Mac since the IIx|IIcx|SE/30 models can read and write 1,44
MB MFM floppies. The NetBSD floppy driver cannot, JFTR.

> and if they are, what I
>have at my disposal are Openbsd, Freebsd, and Gentoo GNU/Linux to write
>an apple sytem 7.5 formatted floppy.

Macintosh System 7.5 comes with the "PC Exchange" control panel which
enables it to read and write 1440K and 720K MSDOS formatted floppies.

Alternatively, you could get a Nubus ethernet card for your DuoDock (it has
two Nubus slots, as well as room for an internal harddisk), or attach an
external cdrom drive.

	hauke