Subject: Re: powerbook duo 250 w/ duodock 57 mb ram 540 mb HD for loan to
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/2006 19:27:03
Hauke Fath wrote:
> Hm... I set up a slip connection years ago to install NetBSD on an old '486
> notebook, and I still have that around. I even thought about writing a
> how-to at the time, but never got around to doing it... give me a few days,
> ok? Tim Larson was first with his xdm setup...

If you know of a good site that explains things at a beginner level,
that would probably be fine.  I don't mind learning on my own, as long
as I can follow the guide.  It's just that the first sites that come up
on Google (like the standard howtos) expect a certain level of X
competence that I don't quite have yet.

I've toyed with the idea of cleaning up the mac68k FAQs now that I'm
(mostly) done with the A/UX one, so anything that can be done (like your
xdm writeup) in such a way as to be directly included would be GREAT.
I'll probably end up reading the last 5 years worth of this list's
archives to get the FAQ up to date.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea