Subject: SCSI/ATA hard drive problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Carlson <tcarlsoninaz@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2006 06:45:38
I am curious to know if anyone has gotten NetBSD/mac68k to work with
one of the new 1.3GB SCSI (ATA converted) drives that are being sold as
upgrades for old Powerbooks.  When using the GENERIC kernel on my
upgraded Powerbook 180 it hangs in mid-boot.  When using the GENERICSBC
kernel I can boot into single-user, read-only  mode, but when I mount
the root partition as r/w, configure the /etc/rc.conf file, and try to
reboot I am told the the booter can't find the "netbsd" kernel and the
"magic numbers" don't match.  Any suggestions?

Tom