Subject: Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2006 15:42:12
By the way:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:38:30 -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson
<thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:
>John Klos wrote:
[...]
>> That's running now.
>
>Let us know how it turns out.  If it compiles for you, then maybe my
>failure is something specific to the NetBSD 2 issues???
>
>> I never got any NetBSD 2 packages built because of the kernel memory
>> consumption problem, but I have plenty of 1.6.2 and 3 packages which I

   I first tried to compile gtk2 and perl5 under 2.1 softfloat, and both
failed. At the same time, I had a IIsi compiling perl5 under 1.6.2
"standard distribution," and it completed without any problem. Then I
upgraded my LCIII with an FPU and tried again under "standard" 2.1. It
compiled perl5 fine, but wouldn't compile gtk2. So far, everything I've
tried (which isn't THAT much :) to compile under 2.1, except gtk2, has both
compiled and run just fine.
--
Regards,
/Bjarne.