Subject: Re: www/firefox on NetBSD/m68k ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2006 15:07:20
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:38:30 -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson
<thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:

>John Klos wrote:
[...]
>> You can look at the "RES" size reported in top for any of the kernel
>> tasks, such as ioflush or reaper. On an Amiga running NetBSD 1.6.2 with
>> 256 megs of memory, usage never exceeds 50 megs or so. On a NetBSD 3
>> machine with 128 megs, it hovers around 20-30 megs.
>
>Thanks, I will try to keep an eye on it.

   My LCIII (36 MB of RAM, running 2.1) has been about 100% busy with
building some of the "basics" since I did a CVS update of pkgsrc previous
Sunday. The kernel tasks have shown up to 35 MB (which made me worried :),
but then shrunk to 22 MB, and are currently showing 28 MB. So far, it at
least doesn't seem to run away wildly, but then it has only been up for a
week...
--
Regards,
/Bjarne.