Subject: Re: KDE or GNOME on a Quadra @ 25MHZ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/2006 13:21:37
Toad wrote:
> I'm running NetBSD 1.6.2 on my Quadra 610, 700MB Hard Disk, 23MB RAM. It
> works really fine!!
>
> Recently I installed a X server, now I have running "twm" and works
> great (in 2-bit color mode but great!)
>
> I have taked a look at NetBSD mac68k ports and I saw KDE and GNOME ( ie
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD-1.6.1/mac68k/kde ) ...
>
> Hmmm... how runs KDE or GNOME on mac68k machines? What about speed? :-S
>
> It would work on my hardware?

I just built EDE, which a desktop based on FLTK and not Qt (like KDE) or
Gtk2 (like GNOME and XFce).  For those that want something more than a
simple wm on mac68k, this might be the only option since we seem to be
having problems building those other toolkits.  Binary is available on
my site.

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea