Subject: binary packages - update
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/2006 11:31:40
My binary package collection has been growing slowly over the past couple weeks.  I'm building just about anything I think I might find useful someday - as well as some I do on a lark just to see if I can.

Most recent additions are the MySQL and Postgres database clients and servers.  (MySQL server took almost two days on my Q840.  The others were only a couple hours each.)  I'm not sure I'd want to run a db on 68k for any real work, but it might be fun to play with.  I'm going to try Firefox next, just for kicks.  I've got all its prereqs.

A couple that are of general interest are bash and ksh93 (for those that don't like csh), dillo (GUI web browser), xhfs (access your Mac partitions), and icewm (window manager).  (I was able to build blackbox 0.70.1 also, but that version isn't in the package system.  Sorry.)  Programmers wanting a jumpstart might note autoconf, automake, gmake, perl, jikes, gcc 3.4, and lots of libraries.

This post is just a reminder to anyone who might be looking for mac68k packages that there is another resource besides the official one.  (Maybe you missed the post last month.)  I do ask that if you have more than one machine you'd like to install to, please save my bandwidth - fetch it once and copy locally.

And FYI, I don't test most of these builds.  If it compiles, I post it.  No guarantees the binary will run.  If it doesn't, let me know and I will note that on the page.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea