Subject: SCSI ethernet solutions for NetBSD
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@myback40.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/2006 08:49:56
I had asked a while back how I could get a Powerbook 180 running NetBSD
2.1 connected to my home network.  Marc Coevoet replied that there are
SCSI ethernet solutions that are supported.  Apparently, my Asante
Micro EN/SC isn't one of them.  Adapters that were made by Sonic, Dayna
, and Farallon are.  These devices, however, are VERY unavailable now.

What would it take for some smart NetBSD programmer to write a driver
for the Asante EN/SC devices?  Source code from Asante?  They are under
new (or, old) ownership right now.

I know from reading your daily postings that this is not exactly a hot
issue in the NetBSD/mac68k world at the moment, but it would be great
to hear from someone about it.

Tom