Subject: Re: strange ethernet behavior in CC
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/2006 07:42:26
John Klos wrote:
> You could recompile a kernel with sn0 in place of sn*, so that the
> additional ones don't show up.
>
> You might also want to run a program in MacOS like Slot Info to make
> sure that the card really does appear to be in slot a, else you might
> have to wire in the address for the card so that sn0 corresponds.

I created /etc/ifconfig.sn[012].  For 0 I have it use dhclient like the
networking docs mention, the other two just say "down".  This has kept
them from trying to grab an IP.  There still seemed to be a conflict
with having DHCLIENT=YES in rc.conf and having the dhclient line in
ifconfig.sn0 though - like it was trying to run dhclient twice for the
same interface.  I commented out the rc.conf line and and that error
went away.  However it still doesn't pick up an IP - lots of "lost
interrupt" errors like before.

As you can probably tell, I'm learning by trial and error.  :)

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org