Subject: Re: strange ethernet behavior in CC
To: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/2006 17:18:27
> I have a Color Classic that's running 1.6 now.  It boots and recognizes
> the Apple Ethernet LC Twisted-Pair Card at nubus0.  However, it tries to
> initialize the device three times, as sn0 (in slot a), sn1 (in slot c),
> and sn2 (in slot e) all with the same MAC address.  I've enabled
> dhclient, but can't get obtain an IP, presumably for that reason.  It
> tries to listen/send on all three at once, and I get messages like "Tx -
> lost interrupt" and "Tx pack status=0x50".
>
> Any ideas what is going on, and what I can do about it?

You could recompile a kernel with sn0 in place of sn*, so that the
additional ones don't show up.

You might also want to run a program in MacOS like Slot Info to make sure
that the card really does appear to be in slot a, else you might have to
wire in the address for the card so that sn0 corresponds.

John Klos