Subject: strange ethernet behavior in CC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/2006 19:49:19
I have a Color Classic that's running 1.6 now.  It boots and recognizes the Apple Ethernet LC Twisted-Pair Card at nubus0.  However, it tries to initialize the device three times, as sn0 (in slot a), sn1 (in slot c), and sn2 (in slot e) all with the same MAC address.  I've enabled dhclient, but can't get obtain an IP, presumably for that reason.  It tries to listen/send on all three at once, and I get messages like "Tx - lost interrupt" and "Tx pack status=0x50".

Any ideas what is going on, and what I can do about it?

I know a little about card addresses from playing with my SE/30 - the different addresses let you stack cards with only a single physical slot.  My guess is that Nubus works like that too, but this one card is responding to multiple addresses.  I don't think I have any other LC type ethernet cards, as I recently divested myself of my "junk pile".

I'm hoping to do the Mystic upgrade someday, at which point I'll likely have a different NIC.  But until then, I'd like to have a workable machine, and without networking it's not very useful.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim & Alethea