Subject: Re: installed 1.6 "/dev/TTYE0no such file or dir"
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/2006 23:25:47
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:18:14 +0100, Marc Coevoet <marcsje@fulladsl.be> wrote:

>I can boot OK, but just before I can login:
>
>getty [181]  /dev/TTYE0 no such file or directory"

   Did you "build devices" after installing the files?

>And will the sysinst work in 1.6, to upgrade to 3.0 ???

   Yup, have just finished that. It went very smooth, and in fact much
faster than a "traditional" install -- I let the installer pull the files
"on the fly" by ftp. First I downloaded the 3.0 install kernel, and put it
in the same folder as the booter.

>I guess I can manually edit /etc/gettys ??
>
>OK could try to login from my iMac 500
>
>hmm can't figure out IP or is it password ??  (should be nil)...

   I'd strongly recommend that you browse this list's archive. Practically
everything it takes to get NetBSD, up to and including 2.1, up and running,
has been discussed.
--
Regards,
/Bjarne.