Subject: Re: booting ... "no init", no "init.bak" ???
To: Raw Power , <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/2006 08:51:42
I have had no problems running NetBSD 2.1 and earlier on my LCIII.   I have
used the traditional method in all instances and have met with success ever=
single time.   I did try an install of the pre-release 3.0 and had some
problems, although I haven't tried 3.0 since it was officially released.
Nor have I tried any of the RC releases.

On the 68k Macintosh, I never use anything other than the traditional
method.   If you don't have an FPU installed in your LCIII, go with the
softfloat build.

And I haven't experienced any of the ADB problems that you refer to.  To th=
best of my knowledge, it is the machines with the IOP's that have the ADB
problems. i.e IIfx, 950, etc.  Of course, I could be wrong about this.  I'm
just talking from my own personal experience.