Subject: Re: booting ... "no init", no "init.bak" ???
To: Raw Power <rawpower@tele2.be>
From: Marco Trillo <toad@arsystel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/2006 12:50:24
Hi,

It depends on your disklabel, but it is normally:

/dev/sd0a --> root (/)
/dev/sd0b --> swap
/dev/sd0g --> user (/usr)

Are you using the 3.0 release?
Its sysinst-based installer is currently broken. As an example, it does=20=

not write a valid /etc/fstab file.

I recommend booting the INSTALL kernel, opening a shell, and writing a=20=

valid /etc/fstab.

# Mount the root device
$ mount /dev/sd0a /mnt && cd /mnt
$ cat > etc/fstab
# fstab example for the above scheme
/dev/sd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/sd0g /usr ffs rw 1 2
^D
$ cd /
$ umount /mnt
$ exit

Of course you should write a fstab according to your disk.
I.e.; if you have a partition /dev/sd0e which should be mounted in=20
/home,

/dev/sd0e /home ffs rw 1 2

If you don`t remeber the mount points of each partition, you can use=20
the "Install NetBSD to hard disk" to see the partition table and then=20
abort the installation.

--
Marco.