Subject: Re: perl5
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/2005 00:15:30
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:08:58 -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson
<thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:

>Bjarne B=E4ckstr=F6m wrote:
>>    Has anyone got perl5 (from pkgsrc 2005Q3) to compile under mac68k 1.6 =
-
>> 2.1? I get the following errors:
>>
>> sv.c: 2110: in function Perl_sv_2iv 'undef'
>> sv.c: 2404: in function Perl_sv_2uv 'undef'
>> sv.c: 2731: in function Perl_sv_2nv 'undef'
>>
>>    Is there any config issue that I've missed?
>
>I have 5.8.7 installed on my 2.1 box, from pkgsrc.

   Heh, one of my IIsi computers, with 17 MB of RAM, has just finished
building 5.8.7 under NetBSD 2.1 -- after having worked around the clock for
the better part of a week... As this computer has an FPU, I installed the
standard distribution of NetBSD 2.1 on it, but vn 1.6.2 of X. Color X
doesn't work on this machine though, probably because the video RAM is a
part of the main RAM. Not a big problem for me, as I usually run the NetBSD
boxes "headless". So far, everything else seems to be rock solid.

   I haven't observed any "receiver FIFO overrun" messages at all. My LC
III computer was practically useless under 2.1, because of the many
overruns; The IIsi has a Farallon Nubus Ethernet card, whereas the LC III
has an Apple LC card.
--
Regards,
/Bjarne.