Subject: Hello?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Wood <wood0366@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/2005 23:34:55
I'm relatively new to this entire port business, having grown up with i386 linux, NT4, and W2K, and MacOS (both X and 6-9).

I also was wondering if the maintainer for the Installer application was still maintaining it; I've been having these phase errors when using the installer on my SE/30. I was hoping to maybe work on it but I have no development platform for the 68k, which makes any poking and prodding I do at the Installer source academic.

I've already made the rounds and ensured that my root partition is under the first 1GB of the disk, that I had installed and enabled Mode32 under System 7.0.1, allocated plenty of memory to the Installer application... But the thing that's confusing me is the fact that even with a patched Apple SCSI HD setup utility to enable it to recognise my harddrive, it has difficulties partitioning and formatting. The drive is a Quantum 2100 (or something along those lines). I tried using a 4GB Seagate, but it also had the same issues.

I resorted to a partitioning utility by the name of Driver d2, which seems to work, but I don't get a real warm, fuzzy feeling about the driver.

Thank you for your time and bandwidth...

-Dan Wood