Subject: Interesting problem...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/2005 22:20:55
Hi,

For a long time now, I've been plagued with locking up problems with 1.6.2
on various Quadras. I thought it might be SCSI issues or perhaps issues
stemming from compiling kernels with optimizations. But it seems that the
problems appeared to go away, and the only correlated change was changing
to a kernel compiled without optimizations. Uptime on my primary test
machine was about 1/2 a year. The problem was that the system would lock
up, quite often after issuing a "w" command, and then just not do anything
except respond to ICMP.

Last night, I set up an IPv6 tunnel to a router machine on the same
network as my 1/2 year uptime Quadra, the Quadra did an rtsol, and today,
the machine locked up after a "w" command.

Ideas, anyone?

John