Subject: Re: 3.0RC3 and current from 19/11 for mac68ksoftfloat
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/2005 18:42:49
On December 2, 2005 11:32 am, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run ecl (http://ecls.sourceforge.net/), embedded common lisp, on
> my powerbook.  It really is fairly fast and for what I use it for the 540
> works well.  It makes a nice portable lisp station.  I also like my 540
> to carry around because it's not too heavy, and, I have like 6 of them so
> if one gets lost/dropped/stolen/etc I don't really care.
>
> Note that ecl has a few issues on the 68k systems because it uses the
> Gnu Multi-Precission library and that has some problems on 68k systems.
> It's not bothered me enough to fix it but if you build ecl you'll need
> to have a build from another system (ppc or x86 work well) to copy files
> from when ecl crashes in it's build process.

I've never touched lisp before.  I have read the odd AI article in the past,
however.

You must be doing some really interesting stuff, if you need to be carrying
around a portable lisp development system.  I can't recall all of the times
that I've been on the road and thought to myself, "Gee, if only I had a
portable lighweight system for lisp development." ;)   Just kidding!

Are you involved with developing or implementing AI applications?

Regards,

Fuzzy Wuzzy...  Err, William