Subject: LC III
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/23/2005 17:38:59
Pleased to report that I have successfully built and run both aterm and
afterstep on my LCIII.  Afterstep runs really slowly and has a tendency to
lock up, but it looks really good in 16bit color on the LCIII.

I've also installed dnetc on the LCIII but haven't bothered to actually use
it yet.  Right now I'm building bitchx and I think I'm gonna give blackbox
or fluxbox a try.  I've used both on my 7300/200 without any problems, so
I'm kind of wanting to see what a 68030 can do with these window managers.

My Quadra 700 is in the process of building Afterstep at the moment, too.  I
wonder if it will fare a little better than the LCIII?  I would tend to
think that it would, as the Q700 has a 68040 with builtin FPU, and the
LCIII, has no FPU to speak of.  At least not yet, but I am in hot pursuit of
a little 68882 darling. ;)