Subject: Re: libcurses.so.5
To: Aaron J. Grier <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/2005 11:41:02
> From: "Aaron J. Grier" <agrier@poofygoof.com>
> Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:32:43 -0800
> To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: libcurses.so.5
>
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 07:48:49PM -0500, William Duke wrote:
>> I would love to do just that, but I haven't figured out how to do that
>> just yet.  I still have to figure out where I can get the sources.
>> Then I have to figure out how to compile in this strange land.
>
> get the pkgsrc tarball, and extract it.  then:
>
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/games/vms-empire && make install
>
> it'll then churn and compile and grind for a while...

Ahem, uh, I dunno where to get the pkgsrc tarball.  I've been all over
ftp.netbsd.org, and I have no idea which file is *the* pkgsrc tarball.  It
looks like there's a lot of them.  So which one is *the* pkgsrc tarball?

I did get a file called xpm-3.4k.tar.gz

Right now the file is in my home directory.  Can I extract it there, or do I
have to put it some place special?  And I don't have a pkgsrc directory in
my usr directory.

I really don't have time to read the "book" about pkgsrc on the NetBSD.org
site, is there a quick guide anywhere?

Thanks